Welcome to Animus Talk

This is where users of Animus Heart can share ideas,
solve problems and inspire fellow enthusiasts.

Animus Heart?

Aeotec Multisensor 6 Burglar event

I recently bought the Aeotec Multisensor 6 and everything went fine with installation, inclusion and so on.

I mounted it on my balcony but the problem is that everytime I enter the balcony my Heart fires a “Burglar Event Detected”. It could be a nice feature, if you would be able to control when this should be enabled. For example I don’t mind myself being on my own balcony, but when I’m not home it would be nice to get notified.

Is there a posibility do add a conditional setting, for example a virtual switch, that could activate home/away-mode?

P.S., I’ve activated the “Notification” checkbox under settings, not sure if that’s part of the problem?

1 Like

Hi there,

Not only part of the problem, uncheck the box and you’re done. :slightly_smiling_face:

You can simply use the presence function that the Heart already has on board to create an automation that sends a notification to your phone when the motion sensor is triggered.

Not only part of the problem, uncheck the box and you’re done. :slightly_smiling_face:

Are You sure? When unchecking that box, and manually creating an automation:
**when** on/off sensor is on **Then** Notification...
This results in…nothing…

You can simply use the presence function that the Heart already has on board to create an automation that sends a notification to your phone when the motion sensor is triggered.

That’s not enterily what I was looking for. I think it’s a start, but it doesn’t really solve my problem. For example I maybe would like the door sensor to trigger during the night even if my phone is present.

I’m looking for something like Zipato Mini RFID Keypad, which I haven’t bought yet because I’m not sure it will work…

1 Like

Yes! :wink:
Already have a similar automation which works:

I use a virtual switch to indicate when it’s bedtime, it is triggered by GH when saying “good night”.

That’s exactly what I’m looking for, too, never knew that there are Z-Wave devices combined with RFID!
It is stated as “partly compatible”, whatever that means.

1 Like

Mine looks like yours (tried both with and without delay). When I check the logs, It says All actions have been executed, but no notification…

Only way to get notifications from this device seems to require the notification checkbox to be activated, and then we’re back to square 1.

Did you check the box here?

intruder

1 Like

What an ineresting thread. Thanks @fredrik.setterqvist! I too have a few multisensors, but up intill now only use them to turn on/off lights, with conditions on light levels, and so on. I think I need to start experimenting with the prescense and such too.

1 Like

After a lot of diggin, i found the problem.

My Profile had added a “second” phone on my profile for some reasonimage
Since it was the “Incorrect” one that was selected, it didn’t received any push notifications. However, the “Burglar events” seems to trigger on all devices, and that’s why I recieved them…

Also, I recogineced that thru the API, you could switch the “Notification”-setting on and off, which helps me achive the “Night home security” mode I was thinking about. So with some tweaks, I got it to work as I want!

2 Likes

Now that I see this, I remember having this issues a few months ago, but didn’t remember.

May I ask you to tell me, how you managed getting API-access, I was looking at the documentation, but simply didn’t understand what exactly to do. :roll_eyes:

Update: Meanwhile I think that I understand the syntax, but is there a way to get the output a little more “pretty”? I’m using putty as a terminal.