Welcome to Animus Talk

This is where users of Animus Heart can share ideas,
solve problems and inspire fellow enthusiasts.

Animus Heart?

Aeotec MultiSensor 6 Switch on off the sensor

Hi,

Have attached an Aeotec MultiSensor 6 however it will only be added as one device and I can not e.g. Switch on or off the sensor. Clicking the device will only show value that is not possible to see without opening the device info. How to change the motion and e.g., see the temp under the dashboard.

BR
Mats

Hi @fam,

All the devices have a “primary” function that is shown without opening the device. The multisensor will show the motion sensor as primary function and the rest (temperature, light etc.) will be displayed when you open the device. There is a known issue on MultiSensor 6 that doesn’t show the motion state without resetting its Z-wave parameters, see this link
https://animushome.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AHK/pages/46006274/Device+issues+-+Aeotec+Multisensor+6

Kind regards
Vato

Hi, is it possible to Switch the motion sensor on / off, e.g., using Vera I have the possibility to swith the motion. Currently in Animus I do not see that option. Also is there a way to Switch the primary function?

BR
Mats

1 Like

Do you mean enabling/disabling the motion sensor completely so that it doesn’t work any longer? Or to invert the on/off values? Since it’s a sensor it’s not possible to switch it, it will report by itself.

Currently it’s not possible to change the primary function. We are working on a solution where you can change the primary function and choose multiple primaries, this will come in later releases.

Kind regards
Vato

1 Like

Hi, switching on off just the motion part of the sensor, e.g., during the evenings there is no need to report motion alarm when we are at home.

BR
Mats

Ah I see. It’s not possible to disable it, however you can set a condition in you automation. E.g.
When: Motion detected
AND: Time is between 08:00-17:00

1 Like

Vera have added a virtiual switch on security sensors called: “Armed/unarmed” if
Sensor is armed and either motion/switch or tamper switch (if present) triggers then a “burglary” scene is triggers for the current “Home/Away/Night/Vacation” mode active.

Thanks for all your help, I can create a similar setup then. Hoping for the change in primary functions soon so I can see my temp om the sensors without the extra click.

BR
Mats

1 Like