Welcome to Animus Talk

This is where users of Animus Heart can share ideas,
solve problems and inspire fellow enthusiasts.

Animus Heart?

Aeotec Smart Switch 7 not reporting anymore

Again some inexplicable behaviour of the Heart.
Yesterday I had to reboot because the Heart locked up again.

Today, about an hour ago, I found that both of my SW7 are not reporting energy values anymore, automations and manually switching on/off still worked.
Also, the Heart confused the parameter settings of both switches in the web-GUI as well as in the app.

Refreshing did not update the values, I even unsuccessfully tried to poll the switches.
My other devices still worked it has only been the Aeotec switches that caused problems.

Another reboot made them report again, but, honestly, two reboots within 24 hours to make everything work again is a little too much. :unamused:

Does this have a connection to the flits-issue in the other thread?

Hm, I don’t think so, since the symptoms are completely different when the “i-think-it’s-a-FLiRS-issue” occurs, in this case the network seems totally flooded, so even simple automations like “lights on when motion detected” or voice commands aren’t executed, also, switching on a bulb which is associated directly to my WallMote only results in a blinking WallMote, the light stays off. :confused:
Sometimes the Heart calms down after a few minutes, and somtimes it takes a reboot,

In this certain case all other mains-powered devices, and there are several ones in my network, reported their values, except those 2 Smart Switches.

I read and understood how communicating to FLiRS works, it generates a lot of multicast traffic, but what I don’t understand is, why this blocks everything for minutes or make the Heart (or another gateway) lock up completely.:thinking: