Welcome to Animus Talk

This is where users of Animus Heart can share ideas,
solve problems and inspire fellow enthusiasts.

Animus Heart?

Aeotec WallMote Quad

Hi there,

I just bought this device, the inclusion worked fine, 4 switches and 4 multilevel controllers were found.
Is it possible, to use this switch to dim my Lifx bulbs?

Greets
Olsen

Hi @Olsen, you will maybe not get a very smooth transition, but if the WallMote allows for double click and hold also, then you have three steps you could create automations with.
So, it would mean creating automations on the buttons on the WallMote and have those button-presses trigger a certain level and/or color of the LifX bulb. But having a smooth transition by e.g. holding in the buttons to a certain level won’'t work in todays version.

The buttons allow (double)tapping, holding and swiping.
The swipe funktion is meant for dimming, I wanted to use this, but must admit that I don’t know, if this is the way, it is meant to work for non-Z-Wave devices.

The functionality of the different remote presses aren’t associated to anything until you create the association yourself via automations. So, you need to create an automation saying something like, When btn1 is double-tapped on the WallMote, Then do A, B, C…

If the swiping changes the value of a multilevel controller in the device, then you could (with a lot of automations) get some kind of dimming-effect. E.g. When multilevel reaches 10%, change light to 10%, when it reaches 20%, change light to 20% etc… Quite a lot of automations, but could work.

Now I see, thank you.
I will think it over, but I think, I’d rather stick to the Lifx app then. :thinking: