Welcome to Animus Talk

This is where users of Animus Heart can share ideas,
solve problems and inspire fellow enthusiasts.

Animus Heart?

Bought something on black friday? (Mostly talk about whiskey :) )

As topic, did you buy something funny and electric on black friday this year? For myself i bought an air-moisture thingy. And…hrrrm…smell well bags… :grimacing: :flushed: :nauseated_face:

Edit: changed topic name since this thread just become of whiskey anyway :grin:

Nope, I could resist this year, since the electrical stuff offered was nothing that fitted my future plans.
But I bought something delicious, some really good coffee and a bottle of Single Malt for christmas. :yum:

2 Likes

Nice, which whiskey? :tumbler_glass:

Good old Laphroaig, one of my alltime favorites.
Love that island stuff. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My favorite just now is Box dalvve. Really good swedish one! But agree laphroaig is a nice one. I’m a virtual owner of a plot on the island. Silly? Oh yes :joy:

2 Likes

Hm, I only know swedish vodka, why not try a malt? :slightly_smiling_face:
I also own several squarefeet of Islay, one day I’m going to visit the destillery to stake my claim. :sunglasses:

Here’s the one that i mean.

And to all under age users. It’s a link to systembolaget where you can’t buy if you are under the age of 20…

It’s been a long time that I’ve been 20. :grin:
Seems to be hard to get in Germany, I’ll have a closer look later.

1 Like

Would probably be the first time in history a german citizen buy alcohol in Sweden and not the other way round :rofl:

3 Likes

Mmmmm, Laphroaig :drooling_face: No, nothing, not even whisky.

1 Like

@Gordon yeah, Laphroaig, love him or hate him. :heart:
@Exxpert So it might have been a historical moment, when I bought some Pripps Blå in a supermarket in Varberg over 25 years ago. :grin:
Mellanöl, I remember that was quite a culture shock for me. :open_mouth::wink:

2 Likes

Couldn’t resist…:yum:

highcoast

Looks like I got the very last bottle, the link is dead since my order.
Also I’ll give that a try: Jin
Can’t wait…:relaxed:

2 Likes

Ohhh exclusive for :de:
I really hope that you don’t get disappointed. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t think so, peaty is always good. :grinning:
Otherwise I won’t blame you. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

@Exxpert Maybe you would like to give that a try :de: :
Slyrs

I’ve been there on site a few years ago, a nice, small destillery, bought a bottle of their 3yo, but now, the whisky has come of age.

Tried to find it here in sweden, nothing, zip, null. :pensive: couldn’t even find someplace to order from outside of sweden with home delivery :confused:

There are a few shops, but when adding shipment and taxes I’m afraid it would be cheaper for you to take a ferry and buy it on board. :unamused:

What do you think about the Mackmyra whisky, they seem to have a nice variety?

Yep, guessed that… But hey! When going to germany next time it’s a sure buy. Thanks for the tip! :+1:

It’s hard to review mackmyra since they probably have getting a lot better since i tried them the last time, wasn’t impressed at all… But it was a quite early batch. The “brukswhiskey” is apparently ok. But maybe some other swede here have had a zip of latest mackmyra and could give a review :slight_smile:

1 Like

But beware, this whisky is strongly hyped, some shops sell it for a price that is much too high, the first bottlings are traded for unrealistic money.
I prefered to enjoy my bottle. :yum:

Just got a notice, that my High Coast has been shipped, I am really eager of the taste. :relaxed:

2 Likes

The early Mackmyras didn’t impress me, but I tasted a couple tasty ones this summer. Leads me to think they are getting better.

3 Likes