Welcome to Animus Talk

This is where users of Animus Heart can share ideas,
solve problems and inspire fellow enthusiasts.

Animus Heart?

Get notification when washing machine/tumbledryer is finished

I’ve seen it mentioned a few times on this forum, but I haven’t seen a “how to” yet, so I figured I’d give it a shot.

I have two Fibaro power-meter-plugs connected to my washing maching and my tumble dryer.
In the dashboard these plugs are configured to only display current power usage (W). I don’t want to accidentally switch off the plugs, so I have deactivated the “switch” function for these plugs on the dashboard.

Then I’ve made one automation for each plug to notify me when the power usage is below a given value for a given amount of time.

Here’s a closer look at the WHEN event:

WHEN the power usage of the washing machine is less than 5W for 5 minutes,
Trigger only on change and reset trigger after 20 minutes (I’m not sure about this one)

You may have noticed that I also issue an AND statement in this automation. I have a dummy switch named “STOP” that I use as an emergency-stop-button for automations. If by any reason I want to stop my light from automatically turning on or off, I can simply switch the STOP switch to ON, and all automations that has this as an AND statement will stop working.

Finally I use Webhook to send a notification to Telegam telling me that the washing machine is finshed.

NOTE: These power values are working with my washing machine and dryer, but you may need to use other values for your devices.

4 Likes

Another good inspiration, useful for deactivating automations that trigger virtual switches before performing a restart of the Heart. .

1 Like

:+1: :+1: you are on fire now @thor :clap:

2 Likes

Just added a similar automation, combined with the idea using a virtual switch I found here.
It looks like that:

I also added an automation that turns off the wall-plug itself after a certain time, since I found that the washing machine still drains some power even when it is off:

2 Likes