Welcome to Animus Talk

This is where users of Animus Heart can share ideas,
solve problems and inspire fellow enthusiasts.

Animus Heart?

Hank four-key scene remote controller

Hi,
I can’t get the Hank four-key scene remote controller to work with security.
If I add it with security (long press of a button instead of tripple click when pairing) it’s not recognized as a button device. It’s also just added with s0.

I have tried to add it several times both via GUI and terminal and I have also rebulid it from the terminal but with the same result.

Tips anyone?

Thx!
Johan

Hi there,

are you sure this device uses S2 encryption?
S0 is still encrypted, look here..

The controller has 9 association groups, so I suppose you should see something like that when starting an automation using the keypad of this device:

2 Likes

Hi,

Ok that’s interesting. So the main difference is the security layer when adding the device.
That’s fine with me :slight_smile:

But the wierd thing is that I can’t get the device to act as a button when adding with security. Animus just don’t recognize it as a button.

Have you had any luck with that`?

Also you have more associations then me.

I have the Fibaro KeyFob, it has 6 keys, just added the picture as an example.

What exactly do you mean by that?
Yours looks like it is supposed to, was this picture taken after secure inclusion?

You can build automations like this using the different actions for the keys:

Or you can try to associate a button directly to a Z-Wave switch or bulb.

Hi Johan,

Do you have any model-number for your scene controller? Maybe there are different versions now but as far as I know the four-key scene controller don’t support S2. So, it should only add in S0. However, like @Olsen said, it’s still encrypted and safe.

If the device doesn’t support S2 you should not be able to add it as an S2(secure) device at all. If that happens by some reason, then you probably don’t see it as a button because the device has not been accepted by the system.

It seems you are having it correctly added with S0, so keep it that way. :+1: