Welcome to Animus Talk

This is where users of Animus Heart can share ideas,
solve problems and inspire fellow enthusiasts.

Animus Heart?

Help with Association Groups

Hi all,

could someone please have a look at this to tell me if it’s right what I figured out?

My first goal is to associate a motion sensor with a bulb to turn on the light when motion is detected.

Involved devices:

1. Fibaro Motion Sensor FGMS-001, ID 6
  2. Oomi Bulb, ID 69

Association group 2 of the sensor seems right:

assoc_sensor

Association group 2 of the bulb:

assoc_bulb

Is this the correct command, or do I have to accociate the bulb to the sensor?

> associations 69 add 2 6.2

Also this could be a way, to use the my Aeotec Wallmote Quad to dim bulbs, right?

Thanks in advance!

Meanwhile I was playing around a little, couldn’t resist… :innocent:
I wanted to switch on/off another Oomi Bulb with a button of my Wallmote Quad.

Involved devices:

1. Wallmote Quad, ID 34, association group 4 sends the “basic set” command via button 2
  2. Oomi Bulb, ID 71

Entering
> associations 71 add 2 34.4
was completely ignored by the bulb.

Trying vice versa
> associations 34 add 4 71.2
resulted in this output:
> associations 34 show 4

Association 4 {
Max node count: 5
Nodes: 1 71.2
}
But nothing happens when tapping button 2.
Both nodes are in line of sight.

I couldn’t find out which node is source or target in this command.
Am I thinking too simple or what could be wrong? :thinking:

Meanwhile by chance I found an answer I could unserstand in an Aeotec manual:

"The device ID of the device to be controlled must be stored in the controlling devices."

But still don’t have an idea, why this doesn’t work. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

This shows that the node 1 and node 71 (endpoint2) will receive the messages from group 4. However does the Oomi bulb have multiple endpoints? Have you tried the command

> associations 34 add 4 71
1 Like

Hm, there so many things i’ve tried, I’m not sure. :roll_eyes:

I thought this would add it to the second association group of the bulb, so maybe this was the mistake. :exploding_head:

I’ll give it a try when I’m at home at thursday, thanks so far.

1 Like

Yeah! That did the trick! :tada:
Now I can clear up a lot of automations!
Thanks a lot, I will close the ticket and keep on learning. :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit says: you can control the dimming function with the same button by entering:

associations 34 add 5 71.2

2 Likes

This almost does the trick for me but the association only seems to work with an actual button press.

I have one Fibaro Double Switch (FDS) where I want the S2 button to control two different Fibaro Single Switches (FSS) as part of outdoor lighting.

FDS id 9
FSSs id 7, 8

The Switch 2 provides the association of five groups:
1st association group – “Lifeline” reports the device status and allows for assigning single device only (main controller by default).
2nd association group – “On/Off (S1)” is assigned to switch con- nected to the S1 terminal (uses Basic command class).
3rd association group – “Dimmer (S1)” is assigned to switch con- nected to the S1 terminal (uses Switch Multilevel command class).
4th association group – “On/Off (S2)” is assigned to switch connect- ed to the S2 terminal (uses Basic command class).
5th association group – “Dimmer (S2)” is assigned to switch con- nected to the S2 terminal (uses Switch Multilevel command class).

Running the following commands;

association 9 add 4 7
association 9 add 4 8
association 9 show 4

gives me this:

`Association 4 {
    Max node count: 5
    Nodes: 1 7 8
}

This works with ON/OFF using the button but inside of Animus Heart when triggering S2 using the app or the web interface it does not propagate.

Is this expected behaviour or is there something fishy going on?

Thanks!

I remember having read in this forum, that these devices cause problems when sending the status of their switches.

I also have one Fibaro Single Switch, my most annoying device by the way, when triggered by an automation, the switch symbol in the GUI always shows “on”, but the bulb that is supposed to shine remains off most of the time.
Also, when triggering on/off with the GUI the same happens, or actually won’t happen.
The most reliable way seems to be using voice commands with Google Assistant.

Thanks for the reply! So do I read you correctly that this should work but the switch is flaky so it’s better to try some other switch?

I suspect the switch to be flaky somehow, also it is stated as only partly compatible with the Heart.

But I also once had the issue that, when associating my secondary controller to one of my Oomi bulbs, that the on/off function was completely gone for the Heart, though 5 devices were allowed.

Maybe looking for a device that is fully compatible to the Heart is worth a try.