Welcome to Animus Talk

This is where users of Animus Heart can share ideas,
solve problems and inspire fellow enthusiasts.

Animus Heart?

How to add just specific button from Nexa remote?

Kinda new to this but running a few 433mhz Telldus and Nexa plugs with my Animus.
But have remote that’s connected to outdoor lighting, previously installed by old home owner.

I can easily connect the remote itself but if I want to connect say button 1 (on) and button 2 (off) as specific devices that I can run in an automation how is this done? So that i don’t need the remote anymore so to say. :slight_smile:

not quite sure what u are asking for, u have both the plugs and remote connected to homey?

if so, just make an automation for the plug. And if u want a virtual button, create one and put it in the automation.

Kind of tricky one to explain.

Its probably not a plug and I dont know where it is, installed by previous owner of our house. Have the remote and Animus finds it, but doesnt help since I want to add the plug or or switch/outlet but its installed inside a wall or behind the wooden panel in the back of our porch. Dont wanna tear it down.

Just want to add the breaker itself rather than add a remote were i just can see which buttons it register.

it’s probably something like this u have inside of the wall

and to connect it to animus u must open up to acess it…

And find the learning button

What i was guessing to but hopeing there was a way around it. Hoped that somehow by pressing the button that turnes it on on the remote you could locate an ID or something to find it manually. :slightly_frowning_face: Damn.

It sounds more than stupidity to install one of those behind a wooden panel. Are you sure that you don’t have it installed behind an outlet or something like that?

2 Likes

I can’t recall who did this but you can also add 433MHz switches like those with the ID and channel, if you know them. I know someone did it once, but as I said, can’t recall who and how the codes were exactly in that case.

Nevertheless, if you have a remote that works with those switches you can sort of catch that information when adding the remote, see image below:

Then you can add your switches that works with that ID in Advanced mode. See image below:

Meaning you don’t have to press the learning button. Can be a bit tricky to get this right sometimes I think.