Welcome to Animus Talk

This is where users of Animus Heart can share ideas,
solve problems and inspire fellow enthusiasts.

Animus Heart?

Must brag a little.. guest-toilet renovation

I live in a house built 1969 in yep, blue-concrete filled with radon (you who lives in :sweden: knowns what i talking about) Thank GOD for FTX-ventilation. Anyway… The guest-toilet was not renovated since like 1980 or so. Think blue original- rubber(?) carpet and 2 layers of wallpaper… Not a place you would like be in for more than… hrrmm…as long as it take if you know what i mean. Started to take down wallpapers and the rest turned out like this… The technical is a combination of Hue led-strip, trådfri light, Ikea Eneby bluetooth-speaker with chromecast audio connected to it (and is WAY OVERKILL for this little room) and a google home mini, and of course :animusheart:
I’m aware of that the following do not fall in to everyones taste but i’m quite satisfied at least :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Looking good, old style meets new tech! Our houses are nearly the same age!

I need to put controllable lights, and a Google home in our bathrooms too. It’s a good place to have multiroom capability in, or to have airport style background music in :grin: Only I can’t stand the sound quality from the mini. It’s not that bad I guess, I’m just picky I think. I wish there were a mic/computing module, with audio out, like a Chromecast to use in situations like these. There could be a recessed wall/ceiling mount for it to hide it in too. Maybe we’ll have to build one ourselves sometime… so many ideas, but so little time!

As a person who has most of the renovation and upgrading left, I’d love to see more people on here post threads like these. Thank you @Exxpert!

I would suggest to use a marshall speaker (or some other speaker) with google assistant-function. For me it was a economical question. Couldn’t afford a expensive speaker that was suitable for the style of the toilet.

1 Like

That is a good idea, and I guess that’s what path Google has chosen too stopping the produktion of the Chromecast audio. I know I forgot to write it, but I was thinking built in speakers in this room actually. But we’ll see!

Good thinking with built in speakers! It would for sure give a little more finish to it. I can’t really understand googles decision when shutting down chromecast audio production (but probably they are selling licenses for google assistant to speaker-companys or something) money talks, again…:roll_eyes:
I found mine last one at kjell o co. They had imported audios from the netherlands :grin:

1 Like

Looks really nice @Exxpert! :open_mouth: Next up making the mirror smart also? :slight_smile:

Poor google, they will receive a lot of poop dropping :poop: …and recommend you toilet paper all the time :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m not spending that much time in the toilet so it’s really no worth the work with the mirror. And my last idea to install a projector and a electrical roller on the toilet was downvoted by my wife, and i had already bought a projector and a chromecast to it. And…hrrrmm… A raspberry retrobit installation with old nes games. :video_game:
The sentence from wife was “over my dead body, we both would suffer from hemorrhoids. NO WAY!” :face_with_raised_eyebrow: A little harsh expression if you ask me :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I don’t understand how your wife could downvote those well-evaluated and thought through ideas :sweat_smile: …She have a good point regarding the suffering from hemoroids though. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It’s looking better when it’s dark…

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hH5B7osB0aXHA7SzfBQPSbkbGvZW5Exd

1 Like

Haha, I bet Google is a excellent conversation partner, real good at talking shit :rofl: My thinking was “this is a situation where you don’t want to take a moment to pick up your screen device before doing your business. Just commanding some Beethoven or AC/DC or whatever (maybe Kiss - God of thunder even, lol) and commence!”.

2 Likes

Hehe, yes, playing something like AC/WC could block the sound of the other business. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like