I have tried to make an automation/scene that acts differently depending on time of day/night. I have not succeeded. How would you guys solve this?
It should be able to;
- When OFF and triggered by anything but motion, and time is between X & Y:
– dim-level set to 30%, and stays on at minimum 30% until manually OFF
Turn light on by movement
- When OFF and triggered by motion at night between time X & Y:
– dim-level is set to 30% and turns OFF after Z minutes
Raise light level temporarily on movement
- When ON and motion detected between time X & Y:
– dim-level is set to 50% and back to 30% after Z minutes
On devices with scripting abilities, this is quite easy, but on the it seems to be a challenge… I would be easy to create separate automations that do one of the above, but how do you make sure they don’t interact/interfere with each other?
Up for a challenge?