Welcome to Animus Talk

This is where users of Animus Heart can share ideas,
solve problems and inspire fellow enthusiasts.

Animus Heart?

Need some remotes/buttons, which ones are good?

As title says, I need to get some remotes/buttons to trigger scenes in the heart. Which ones are most reliable/price-worthy? I have looked at Aeon Wallmote Quad. Good or bad? Seems to be supported by the heart…

1 Like

Regular old-style 433Mhz remotes work fine for me, lots of buttons for the money. Good battery life too.

Don’t have any opinion on wall-style switches though.

2 Likes

Thanks, do you have an example of some of those you like?

1 Like

I’ve got various ones from old Nexa/Anslut kits, they’re mostly equivalent in function, main difference is the number of buttons.

Do note that not all of them work with the Heart though. For example I can’t get the old Nexa NEYCT-705 registered in the wizard despite debug shows the Heart recognizing the buttons as I press them. So if you’re buying a remote specifically double-check that it’s listed as supported.

2 Likes

Thanks for the warning! I will check compatibility prior ordering. :+1:

One of my favourite wallswitch is

found at least here:
https://www.dustinhome.se/product/5010961576/wall-switch?ssel=false&LGWCODE=5010961576;89813;5443&gclid=Cj0KCQiAr8bwBRD4ARIsAHa4YyIGtgEQYQrERr5XqdrqolX56LEvO5qUFeABH46ng47u3No7VacVxtAaAiE6EALw_wcB
It’s zwave Plus and has 4 buttons where each has Click, double click and long click, i.e. total of 12 commands to use from the Heart. A quite decent apperance as wallswitch also. I got my three from Telldus on sale for 300 SEK a piece. A well spent investment. But now it seems out of stock in many shops so I don’t know the future for this.
I also have one Wallmote Quad, which has a little more expensive feeling, but natively has click and long-click. I think it will have support for direct association with a zwave dimmer by sliding on the button-space but I haven’t tried that part and don’t know how it would work with the Heart.
One peculiar thing is that when I haven’t used it for a while (a week or two) it doesn’t respond immeditally, but blinks 10-20s before it’s ready to receive commands. It’s like it has gone into some sleep, but otherwise it has a good feeling.
I haven’t tried my 433 buttons in Heart for a while. If I remember correctly it sometimes could send multiple commands like on-off-on when pressing on, which made it hard to detect an off-command correctly but I think I will give it a try some day again.

2 Likes

Thanks! That was a really nice description! The “NodOn” seems quite nice. I finally settled for the Wallmate since it should have hauptic feedback such as light and vibration as well. Strange that is goes into such deep sleep… Maybe a configurable setting? I think I can accept that, but if possible to minimize it would be even better! Again, thanks for the review! :+1:

1 Like

The Nodon has a little more “plastic” feeling than the Wallmote but good enough to satisfy the wife (I mean by appearence, of course :wink: )
I actually disabled the haptic feedback but kept the blue light as feedback since it has a nice touch.

2 Likes

I have bad experience from Fibaro “the button”. So I wouldn’t recommend that one.

1 Like

Thanks for the warning! I will try the Wallmate and see if I find it worth its money. It sounds nice, though a bit expensive…