Welcome to Animus Talk

This is where users of Animus Heart can share ideas,
solve problems and inspire fellow enthusiasts.

Animus Heart?

Scenes still unreliable

Maybe this is old news by now, but I just triggered a scene, which in turn triggers multiple other scenes. One of the latter did not do all it was supposed to, parts of it only. I really think it is time for a patch to cover the most urgent flaws in the software/firmware… Easier said than done, get that but still… Would be nice to know for sure that when something is reported as executed, everything really is, not just what automations or scenes has been triggered… :animusheart:

1 Like

Remember that loops are not supported for scenes in the current version, so maybe better avoid creating automations like this.
But since the same issue sometimes appears when an automation executes a scene, I yesterday activated loops for all automations that do so,
Until now it seems to work. I will keep you up to date.

1 Like

Yes, but loops aren’t loops just required if reusing the same scene several times? In my case I have a unique top-scene, and in that call several other unique scenes. By unique I mean they do only one thing, and is not called for anywhere else. There should be no (are no) loops in this today.

You need to allow loops when you want one automation to trigger another one.
My thoughts were, that this could maybe apply to scenes, too. :thinking:

1 Like

Ah, got it. I could always try, what’s to lose if it starts working? :wink: HM. first problem could be that scenes don’t have this loops setting… lol Should’ve looked before I wrote. But the idea was a good one :+1:

1 Like

Maybe with the next release?
Will you rebuild your automations then?

I don’t have that much stuff, so re-building is feasible for me. I would prefer if it can be avoided though.

Keep us up to date! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Got a nice answer from support regarding this. Most likely, it has to do with Philips HUE bridge having a hard time handling several instructions in a short amount of time. Short hand solution is to add wait’s between the actions. A fix for this will be included in the coming release. :+1:

2 Likes

Hm, adding delays between the actions is exactly what I did some time ago.
I don’t have any HUE-stuff, so this also applies to Z-Wave devices? :thinking:
Or maybe the problem is yet related to scenes?

My Heart is somewhat stable since I…

• added a delay of 5s between the actions
  • allowed loops for all automations that trigger scenes
  • quit refreshing my FLiRS manually, which is really hard for me, but this is also a reliable way to irritate the Heart :blush:

Too many different things that could cause this.
I don’t want to try out every combination of this, I decided to wait what the support will find out and enjoy a relaxing and working smart home. :wink:

2 Likes

We did only talk about Zigbee devices, and HUE in particular, so if this applies to Z-wave as well? Don’t know at this point. But I believe it is safe to assume it covers all communication between the :animusheart: and HUE bridge, so should include automations as well, IMHO.
Agree, many variables here to play with. I must say I don’t much enjoy putting wait’s everywhere just because the HUE can’t handle the traffic… Hope the fix comes soon… :slight_smile:

1 Like

To be honest, I strongly believe this problem is not limited to HUE.

To me, this is perfectly ok, since I will get an acoustic feedback to make sure, that all TRVs in my living room did open or close and don’t have to jump up everytime to see if the color has changed, which gives me some peace of mind. :relaxed:

1 Like

Agreed, there are probably many vendors having these “difficulties”. Feels strange that controlled protocols cannot handle this. In my case it is two lamps, three commands to each which of some fail sometimes. No big deal, but still strange. I thought Zigbee and Z-wave sent Ack’s when a command had been received, but I may be wrong - haven’t read up the specs on either protocol to be honest… May be time to do it tho? :thinking:

2 Likes

Since we have a completely different setup and similar problems though, I also could imagine, that there is something like a “common layer” the Heart uses to handle the commands and that the root cause is related to this. :thinking:

I can confirm this for Z-Wave only. :wink:

Here you will find a lot of first hand information if you want to get used to your protocol.
Usually I prefer reading, but the Z-Wave videos are really great there, maybe you can find some for Zigbee, too.

1 Like