Welcome to Animus Talk

This is where users of Animus Heart can share ideas,
solve problems and inspire fellow enthusiasts.

Animus Heart?

Securitas Verisure Home Alarm

I think many agree with me when I say that the ultimate trigger for home automation is you home security system. If Animus Heart would be able to read wether my Verisure Security system is armed or not, the possibilities would be endless :slight_smile:

Any thoughts or plans for supporting it? I’ve seen various hacks for Homebridge etc, so is should be doable?

And I think you NEVER should integrate your home automation systems with your security eco systems and ALWAYS keep them separated. :slight_smile:

1 Like

In my thinking it could be possible for the home automation system to read the status of the alarm and be able to arm the alarm but not to shut the alarm off.

1 Like

I’m not talking about integration. I’m talking about reading the status - if the security system is armed or not - so Animus knows if I’m home or not.

Can’t see any problems or security risks with that.

To read status would be great but that means the your security vendor must provide an API that only expose/publish that particular functionality/information. A lot of cheesy atempts for this is done by screen scrapeing, you end up to store your credentials on your device passing them forward in the clear, and the same credentials that have full access to your alarm system.

Yes, and that is why I’m asking animus instead of making a “cheesy” solution on my own :slight_smile:

Then we are in agreement, NO CHEEZE :slight_smile:

1 Like

It should be doable, had a bit of looking around and found out that there’s a python module for the verisure API. But it’s probaly a lot of work to intergrate sometyhing like it in to the :animusheart:. You just have to be nice to the animushome team and hope they integrate it :smile:

2 Likes

Hi

The only option that I have seen is this, sorry only in Swedish, that don’t involve hacking a web service/API that is not offical supported.

https://www.zwaveforum.se/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5349&p=12969

/Karl